1.01 SECTION INCLUDES
1. Greenhouse Benches
1.02 RELATED SECTIONS
***Note to Specifier: Select items below related to the project.
A. Section #13 34 13.13 – Greenhouses
B. Section #13 34 13.16 – Conservatories
1.03 REFERENCE STANDARDS
A. The latest published edition of a reference shall be applicable to this Project unless identified by a specific edition date
B. All reference amendments adopted prior to the effective date of this Specification shall be applicable to this Project
C. All materials, installation, and workmanship shall comply with the applicable requirements and standards addressed within the following references:
***Note to Specifier: Select items below required for the project.
1. AAMA611 – Voluntary specifications for anodized architectural aluminum (revised).
2. ASTM A36/A36M – Standard specification for carbon structural steel
3. ASTM B221/B221M – Standard specification for aluminum and aluminum-alloy extruded bars, rods, wire, profiles, and tubes
4. ASTM B241/B241M – Standard specification for aluminum and aluminum-alloy seamless pipe and seamless tubes
5. AWS D1 – Structural welding code
6. FGMA – Flat glass marketing association, glazing manual
A. Submit under the provisions of Section 013000 for review and approval for fabrication.
B. Shop Drawings – Detailed drawings prepared specifically for the project by manufacturer. Include information not fully detailed in manufacturer’s standard product data, including, but not limited to, wall elevations and detail sections of every typical composite member. Show opening dimensions, framed opening tolerances, profiles, product components, anchorages, and accessories.
1. Indicate fastener locations
2. Include schedule identifying each unit, with marks or numbers referencing drawings
3. Must show all surrounding substrates and relevant conditions
4. Must be drawn in the domestic USA, by the manufacturer of the system.
C. Product Data – Manufacturer’s data sheets on each product to be used, including:
1. Storage and handling requirements and recommendations
2. Preparation instructions and recommendations
3. Installation methods
***Note to Specifier: Select color section samples if color has been pre-selected.
D. Color Samples – Two complete color chip sets representing manufacturer’s full range of stocked colors with a standard size of 2″ x 3″ (50mm x 75mm).
E. Verification Samples – required samples for verification of system
1. Aluminum Finish – Two samples, minimum size of 2″ x 3″ (50mm x 75mm), representing actual product and color.
1.05 QUALITY ASSURANCE
A. Manufacturer qualifications – company shall be a company specializing in the manufacturing of products specified in this section. Manufacturer shall have at least fifteen (15) years of experience in fabrication and erection of projects of similar scope.
1. Manufacturer must use an extruded aluminum system comprised of domestically produced aluminum and is fabricated/assembled in the use.
2. Manufacturer must be recognized by NAMI.
3. Manufacturer must be a member in good standing of the National Sunroom Association (NSA).
4. Manufacturer must be a member in good standing of the National Greenhouse Manufacturer’s Association (NGMA).
5. Manufacturer must be a member in good standing of the National Glass Association (NGA).
6. Manufacturing facility must have achieved Gold LEED certification
B. Installer Qualifications – Installer shall be experienced in performing the work of this section that has specialized in installation of work similar to that required for this project for a minimum of fifteen (15) years.
1.06 DELIVERY, STORAGE, AND HANDLING
A. Deliver products to the jobsite freight prepaid.
B. Store products in manufacturers original unopened packaging, covered to protect factory finishes from damage, precipitation, and construction dirt until ready for installation
C. Store materials off construction grounds in a secure location that is a dry, covered area and protected from weather conditions
D. Inspect and report any freight damages to the manufacturer immediately.
1.07 PROJECT CONDITIONS
A. Maintain environmental conditions (temperature, humidity, and ventilation) within limits recommended by manufacturer for optimal results. Do not install products under environmental conditions outside manufacturer’s absolute limits.
B. Perform structural silicone sealant work when air temperature is above 10° F (minus 12° C)
A. Provide manufacturer’s limited warranty that all components are warranted for one (1) year for cases of normal use. Many components are also warranted by the original manufacturers for greater lengths of time. Reference original warranty for complete warranty time frames.
B. Warranty Addendum – Manufacturer offers extended warranties and service contracts on a per job basis.
C. Frame Finish
1. Custom warranty period, ____ years, to be approved and accepted in writing by Solar Innovations, Inc. based on project’s scope and application