1.01 SECTION INCLUDES
1. Glass Railing
1.02 RELATED SECTIONS
***Note to Specifier: Select items below required for project.
A. Section 033000 – Cast-in-place Concrete – Openings in cast-in-place concrete
B. Section 034500 – Precast Concrete Wall Panels: Opening in precast concrete wall panels.
C. Section 048100 – Unit Masonry Assemblies – Openings in masonry
D. Section 054000 – Cold Formed Metal Framing: Framed Openings
E. Section 061000 – Rough Carpentry: Framed Openings
F. Section 062000 –Finish Carpentry: Interior Wood Casing
G. Section 072100 – Thermal insulation: batt insulation at window perimeter
H. Section 074600 – Siding and Trim
I. Section 076200 – Flashing and Sheet Metal: Flashing associated with windows and doors
J. Section 079200 – Joint Sealers
1.03 REFERENCE STANDARDS
A. The latest published edition of a reference shall be applicable to this Project unless identified by a specific edition date
B. All reference amendments adopted prior to the effective date of this Specification shall be applicable to this Project
C. All materials, installation, and workmanship shall comply with the applicable requirements and standards addressed within the following references:
***Note to Specifier: Select items below required for project.
1. AAMA611 – Voluntary specifications for anodized architectural aluminum (revised).
2. ASTM A36/A36M – Standard specification for carbon structural steel
3. ASTM B221/B221M – Standard specification for aluminum and aluminum-alloy extruded bars, rods, wires, profiles, and tubes
4. ASTM B241/B241M – Standard specification for aluminum and aluminum-alloy seamless pipe and seamless tubes
5. ASTM C1115 – Standard specification for dense elastomeric silicone rubber gaskets and accessories
6. ASTM C864 – Standard specification for dense elastomeric compression seal gaskets, setting blocks, and spacers
7. AWS D1 – Structural welding code
8. FGMA – Flat glass marketing association, glazing manual
A. Submit under the provisions of Section 013000 for review and approval for fabrication.
B. Shop Drawings – Detailed drawings prepared specifically for the project by manufacturer. Include information not fully detailed in manufacturer’s standard product data, including, but not limited to, wall elevations and detail sections of every typical composite member. Show opening dimensions, framed opening tolerances, profiles, product components, anchorages, and accessories.
1. Indicate fastener locations, glazing, and hardware arrangements
2. Include schedule identifying each unit, with marks or numbers referencing drawings
3. Must show all surrounding substrates and relevant conditions
4. Must be drawn in the domestic USA, by the manufacturer of the system.
C. Product Data – Manufacturer’s data sheets on each product to be used, including:
1. Storage and handling requirements and recommendations
2. Preparation instructions and recommendations
3. Installation methods
***Note to Specifier: Select color section samples if colors have been pre-selected.
D. Color Samples – Two complete color chip sets representing manufacturer’s full range of stocked colors with a standard size of 2″ x 3″ (50mm x 75mm).
E. Verification Samples – required samples for verification of system
1. Aluminum Finish – Two samples, minimum size of 2″ x 3″ (50mm x 75mm), representing actual product and color.
2. Glazing – Two samples, minimum size of 12″ x 12″ (300mm x 300mm), representing specified glass, including coatings and/or frit pattern(s).
***Note to Specifier: Assembly sample provided upon request only.
3. Assembly Sample – One sample illustration connection details with a maximum size of 12″ x 12″ x 12″. Glazing included as offered by glass supplier. Sample developed to best represent the specified product.
1.05 QUALITY ASSURANCE
A. Manufacturer qualifications – company shall be a company specializing in the manufacturing of products specified in this section. Manufacturer shall have at least ten (10) years of experience in fabrication and erection of projects of similar scope.
1. Manufacturer must use an extruded aluminum system comprised of domestically produced aluminum and is fabricated/assembled in the use.
2. Manufacturer must be recognized by NAMI.
3. Manufacturer must be a member in good standing of the National Sunroom Association (NSA).
4. Manufacturer must be a member in good standing of the National Greenhouse Manufacturer’s Association (NGMA).
5. Manufacturer must be a member in good standing of the National Glass Association (NGA).
6. Manufacturing facility must have achieved Gold LEED certification
B. Installer Qualifications – Installer shall be experienced in performing the work of this section that has specialized in installation of work similar to that required for this project for a minimum of ten (10) years.
***Note to Specifier: Include a mock-up if the project size and/or scope warrant taking such a precaution. The following is one example of how a mock-up on a large project might be specified. When deciding on the extent of the mock-up, consider all the major different types of work on the project and consult with product manufacturer prior to selection.
1. Provide a mock-up for evaluation of surface preparation techniques and application workmanship.
a. Approximate size: ___________________
b. Finish areas designated by Architect
c. Do not continue with remaining work until workmanship, color, and sheen are approved by Architect.
d. Refinish mock-up area as required to produce acceptable work.
e. Incorporate accepted mock-up as part of the Work.
1.06 DELIVERY, STORAGE, AND HANDLING
A. Deliver products to the jobsite freight prepaid.
B. Store products in manufacturer’s original unopened packaging, covered to protect factory finishes from damage, precipitation, and construction dirt until ready for installation
C. Store materials off construction grounds in a secure location that is a dry, covered area and protected from weather conditions
D. Inspect and report any freight damages to the manufacturer immediately.
1.07 PROJECT CONDITIONS
A. Maintain environmental conditions (temperature, humidity, and ventilation) within limits recommended by manufacturer for optimal results. Do not install products under environmental conditions outside manufacturer’s absolute limits.
B. Perform structural silicone sealant work when air temperature is above 10° F (minus 12° C)
A. Provide manufacturer’s limited warranty that all components are warranted for one (1) year for cases of normal use. Many components are also warranted by the original manufacturers for greater lengths of time. Reference original warranty for complete warranty time frames.
B. Warranty Addendum – Manufacturer offers extended warranties and service contracts on a per job basis.
***Note to Specifier: Select warranty below that applies to the selected finish.
C. Frame Finish
1. For anodized finishes provide a warranty of five (5) years.
2. Custom warranty period, ____ years, to be approved and accepted in writing by Solar Innovations, Inc. based on project’s scope and application