Solar Innovations, Inc., a custom manufacturer of residential and commercial sliding, folding, and stacking walls, doors, windows, and screens; sunrooms; greenhouses; conservatories; skylights; and curtain walls; is being recognized for creating jobs that pay and their economic impact within the Commonwealth as part of the third annual Governor’s ImPAct Awards. Awards will be presented at a ceremony at the Hershey Lodge in Hershey, PA on May 21, 2015.
“We are proud to be recognized as a finalist for the third year running. Our team has worked hard to make Solar a great place to work and the best manufacturer in our industry,” Greg Header said.
Solar Innovations, Inc. was nominated for the ImPAct Awards because of its continued commitment to innovation and growth which for the last 6 years has created jobs in Schuylkill County. Solar’s original LEED Gold rated facility included approximately 200,000 ft. sq. of manufacturing space. The corporate campus now includes three buildings with over 300,000 ft. sq. of manufacturing space on 26 acres.
The Governor’s ImPAct Awards recognizes companies from throughout the state in five categories: Community Impact, Entrepreneur Impact, Export Impact, Jobs That Pay, and Small Business Impact.
- Community ImPAct Award – This award is given to a company that exemplifies the tenet of “doing well by doing good.” The winners in this category show a sustained commitment to the growth and development of their employees and the community(ies) in which they do business.
- Entrepreneur ImPAct Award – This award is given to an entrepreneur who has led his or her company to a position of strength in the marketplace by way of growth in one or all of the following areas: creativity, innovation, managerial ability, leadership skills, and turnaround.
- Export ImPAct Award – This award is given to a company that has significantly increased its export sales and the number of new foreign markets to which it sells
- Jobs That Pay ImPAct Award – This award is given to a company that has demonstrated consistent job growth and retention over the past two years. The company must have had a positive net gain in new jobs during this time period.
- Small Business ImPAct Award – This award is given to a small business that has been an innovator within its industry, demonstrated revenue/profit growth, increased its workforce, and committed to the growth and development of its employees and community. The company must have 100 or fewer employees.
Solar Innovations, Inc. was nominated for the Jobs First award by the Partnerships for Regional Economic Performance (PREP) network. Each of the 10 PREP regions submitted up to five nominations per category.
PREP is a statewide network of partners that works to regionalize and coordinate local economic development services to businesses and entrepreneurs.
Representatives from the Team Pennsylvania Foundation and Journal Multimedia evaluated the nominations and will select the award recipients.