PINE GROVE, PA – Solar Innovations®, a single-source provider of custom-glazed doors, windows, skylights, and structures, has been awarded the USGlass 2020 Green Award.
“USGlass Magazine’s 2020 Green Awards once again recognize companies, products, and individuals that are dedicated to improving the environmental and sustainable well-being of not just the industry, but the planet.” – USGlass
As part of their “Live & Work Green” efforts, here are just a few of the many practices Solar Innovations® has implemented, qualifying them to be a LEED Platinum facility:
- Net-zero energy consumption from a 3,600 solar panel array installed on main office and manufacturing building
- Recycling and separation of all possible types of material to reduce waste properly
- Composting all possible waste to help rejuvenate local resources
- Incentivizing carpooling and the use of energy-efficient vehicles with priority parking
- Monday-Thursday schedules for manufacturing roles to help reduce fuel emissions
- Collection of rainwater for greenhouse irrigation
- Use of lowVOC paint to limit environmental impact
- Partnering with local organizations to plant trees and restore streams
These are just some of the many ways Solar Innovations® strives to work green as they continue their mission to provide the highest quality and most advanced architectural glazing products in the industry. For more information on their green initiatives, or any other Solar Innovations® products, please contact Solar Innovations® directly at [email protected] or call 800 618 0669.